Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Any of you past pregnant ladies know a good solution for restless legs? This is something that I deal with in my everyday life and it has gotten progressively worse during the course of my pregnancy. Yesterday it actually kept me up in the night, which is a first. Oooof...no fun. Just the most frustrating feeling.

Other than that, things are just sailing along. Midge (that's our little nickname for the babe) was up and jumping all day long yesterday. She usually doesn't kick until late at night, but I think she sensed the snow! That's my girl! We can actually see her movements now. Well, I can. As soon as Ashley enters the room she is completely still. I imagine her putting her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing as he stands there waiting, waiting....

My next appointment with the midwife is in a week. I have to do a second glucola test (gross) because they think I'm at risk for gestational diabetes. I'm not so worried, but since we opted out of any other testing it's really the only time I have to put up with the poking and prodding. And as one of my midwives said, I am having a very boring pregnancy ever, so I can't complain. Boredom never sounded so good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

Boredom is the best thing ever in a pregnancy--although those last few weeks will be BOR-ING! :) Not sure about the restless leg thing...I couldn't sleep for the last 4 months, but didn't have restless legs, just everything else! I had to have the second glucose test too, but it all turned out ok. I hope it does for you too! I love the name Midge for a little bebe inside! Oh! And isn't that moving around incredible?? Georgia did the same thing to Alex...stopped moving whenever I was like "look! look!" But eventually he got to see and feel some MAJOR waves!!!

Hope you're feeling well!

8:31 PM  
Blogger penguindevil said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:43 AM  
Blogger penguindevil said...

Oops...I'm signed in as Ashley for some reason.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Oh yeah - sleeping is minimal as it is, so I really don't need another thing keeping me awake the few hours during which I can usually catch a few winks. Did you spend the last four months just staring at the ceiling with your mind reeling? That's my new hobby.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

at the ceiling and at my navel!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home