Saturday, January 27, 2007

Big things, little things.


Things are just moving along here at the Wallingford Family home. I had a check-up Thursday, and everything seems to be going fine. They took blood for the second gestational diabetes test and did all of the other regular check-up stuff. My weight is good, Midge's heart sounds nice and strong, she is head down and moving tons, which my midwife says is great. I really liked the midwife I met this time around - I now only have one left to meet, so I think the chances are good that I'll be happy with whoever ends up at the birth. I especially think that with a doula everything will go swimmingly.

The midwives are a little concerned with my blood pressure, though it's still fairly normal. It's been climbing these last few weeks and I've been getting headaches. I'm not swollen at all, so I feel confident that everything is just fine.

Chanin and I were talking about how your mother is basically the main relationship in your life - at least until you settle down with someone and/or start having children. It was a perfectly fine until I realized that in two months I am going to be someone's mother. I think this hits me every two weeks and then for sanity's sake I tuck it away for safe keeping. Yipes. I feel like most of us idolize our mothers, but at the same time can be SO unforgiving of the mistakes they have made (or that we perceive them to have made). All of it feels so overwhelming at times....I guess you ease into it?

Anyway, what I really need to be doing is cleaning. I got a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP last night, so I better take advantage of this little store of energy while it's here.

Husband? You gotta post more!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

You are beautiful, Lucy.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home