Sunday, May 06, 2007

Nap time....




Here's something to chuckle about...
Before I had Midge, I thought that we would spend the days together quietly gazing at one another, reading, knitting and making things, and CERTAINLY not watching TV.
Were all of my mom friends just laughing on the inside when I said this crap to them? First, we would die without TV. Someday we do hope to make the transition to being a family without a television, but now? Not on your life!
Also, my hands are never free to do anything but hold her, feed her (that still takes hands sometimes, because I just don't have it down pat just yet...) and diaper her. I can barely make toast for myself, let alone knit. Geez!
But the gazing part? We do plenty of that! I could stare at that face all day, and sometimes I do.
We've made an effort to leave the house each day, which is good for both of us. She seems to love being out and I love anything she loves! As Ashley mentioned, I found a baby friendly coffee shop around the corner that I really like. We also have been to Powell's (pretty good), the farmer's market (definitely not good) and Mabel's (always a hit). I've nursed her all over town, because I figure I better just take the plunge. I'm super modest by nature, so I just had to do it, and you know? It ain't so bad.
The hardest part is still figuring out the whole sleeping thing. I'll take advice from anyone who has it! It's much better now that I stopped having coffee in the morning (why on earth did I think I could get away with that?) but it's a challenge, for sure. She's such a light sleeper....are all babies?
Other than that? It's pretty fantastic. Especially when we're all home at night together...what could be better than that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that picture soooooo much! Thanks for the mail and thanks for making another entry. I am seriously, endlessly fascinated by this new journey you are taking! I love you all!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

I still can't do the nursing hands free...when you've got big boobs, I mean, it's not easy...

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home