Saturday, April 28, 2007

Myth Debunked

First off, the old "be sure to sleep when they sleep". Yes, I've heard that from everyone now and read it in everything but... How is it supposed to work when you need to keep moving (say, bouncing on the exercise ball) to keep the little darling asleep? I guess I have not had enough practice with the ball yet (no matter what time of the morning it is or how many hours I have spent bouncing) to be able to sleep at the same time. Finally though, just 10 minutes ago I stumbled on something brilliant!

See, this morning not only do I need to keep bouncing but she seems to get unhappy when I turn the light off. 4 o'clock AM sitting in the living room with the lights on bouncing gets a little boring. Sure, about half of the time I can spend gazing at her perfect little face, but the rest of the time I am itching for something to do with my hands aside from hold the baby.

Well, heck, I thought. I bet I can bounce on the ball with the baby in a sling! That way, I can write a blogpost while doing it!

So yes, here I am, writing a post about Elinor's third Friday while bouncing her asleep. Oh and, this night is maybe about in her top three for easy nights (in my perspective)... No loud crying yet and Mom has actually managed to get a couple of hours of private sleep. And then my sling idea? Yes, a good night all around! Though hopefully Elinor will get in a mood to really sleep soon.

So today, well, yesterday, was a big adventure day for both the wife and child. I was gone all morning so they got explore the bus system alone! Not the first time for Baby on the bus, Wednesday we bussed downtown to Powell's to show her around a little. Today though, they went off to their first New Mom's Group meeting. It sounds like a success. 20 other new Mom's and little Elinor the smallest one of all. Then, speaking of smallest, off they went to her 2nd Doctor's appointment. Of course, the Doctor was thrilled with our little dear and her wonderful health! In fact, he said that she has gained nearly a pound in the last week! Such a good little eater! She'll probably pass 9 pounds this weekend!

Here's a little picture of her in the Moby, a device that I don't think I'll ever get around to figuring out.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh! At least you aren't bouncing with a laptop ...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home