Friday, August 03, 2007

Dereliction of Duty

And now...



There she is!

Yes, I have not been good with the old family blog this last month. I've been spending too much time with my other blog (trying to keep up with the wife's blogging) and, honestly, things move too fast with Elinor to even blog about them... Though watching Caitlin poke her in the back and the thrill on Elinor's face when she realized that she could turn around and see who it was, that was exciting. She had a great time, turning around to see her mother, and it is delightful to watch her change and advance every day.

But anyway, the point to this post is that in 3.5 hours (it would have been 1.5, but there are some of those famous "miss your connection delays), they are getting on a plane to fly to Vermont!

Quite sad for me, as I have nine days without them to just hang around. Well, I am going to try and keep busy, with work and hiking and watching movies... But without this little face to keep me awake...





I don't know what I will do!

Of course, I really should have figured a way to go back east, since it is for the long awaited wedding of our friends Kate and Ed, who we love dearly and who were themselves key players in our wedding. But the plane tickets were, for us, prohibitively expensive, so stay behind I do. Not only will it be Midge's first time away from Portland, and the rare occurrence of Caitlin and I being apart, but I imagine that there will come a time while she is back east that Elinor will be away from her mother... And that would be the first time (since those brief moments in the hospital) that she has been away from both of us. I know it shouldn't seem weird, and she will probably be safely under the eye of Grandma Mickey, but it still seems a weird thought to me. We are so close knit that it will be odd to think of Elinor without one of us looking at her. Of course, this whole absence, though short, will be felt quite strongly...

But, it is a good excuse to get some photos of the three of us, which there aren't many of anyway...








And in the end, it will all work out fine. The girls are returning on Elinor's 4 month birthday and the day after that is our 2nd wedding anniversary, so there is lots of good stuff for us to look forward to while we're apart...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiny E is verrry cute in that first picture ...

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course she's cute in all the photos, but what I meant was the first photo of all three of you ....

8:06 PM  
Blogger no more shall we part said...

Come have dinner over at our place some time this week k?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Misha said...

Hey, we're coming to Portland on Thursday, August 30th. Any chance we can see you?
Totally cute pictures of the 3 of you.

9:03 AM  
Blogger penguindevil said...

Misha, that sounds great! We will keep the 30th free! Will we get to meet Blix?!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

Yes--Blix and Midge will finally meet! It will be quite the fete!
Very sad to hear about Mabel's. But excited to hear more about Tandem!
Big smooches to your ladies on their arrival home.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home