Monday, August 20, 2007



I'm going to chime in here, just because I don't want people to think we aren't crazy about our little dog - we are! We did a whole lot of soul searching when we were looking for an apartment....we wondered if she'd be happier in Vermont with a big yard a two dogs to play with, if being in a little apartment with a little baby would be too cramped for her, and whether or not she'd get all the love and attention she deserves from us. We also thought that we'd be in Vermont within a year, too - that we'd all be back together in a house with a yard and plenty of space.

It turns out we probably should have sent her to my mom's. Like Ashley said, this place is so teeny that it's impossible for us all not to be in each other's way when it comes to sleep, privacy, anything. I would rather Lottie be running like crazy around my mom's land and not here with us getting frustrated with her. That poor little dog. None of this seems fair to her, and yet she remains SO good natured. It kills me.

I think we need to be more realistic about what's good for us all. With Mabel's gone now and Vermont becoming more of a possibility everyday, the picture becomes more clear to me each minute. I can practically hear Lottie tearing around our new yard....now we just need to practice a little patience and believe that that day will come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

This makes me very sad. But I can tell you that I TOTALLY understand. Iggy spent a lot of time with his Grammie while G was in the hospital. It pains me knowing now that that was some of his last time on this earth, but I take solace in knowing he had a huge yard in New Hampshire and daily (if not more) 3+mile walks.

You know in your gut what needs to or CAN happen. Just go with what you feel. It's not like you would be sending him someplace BAD. It sounds WONDERFUL in fact. It's more about how you, C & A, will feel emotionally.

Remember there is Dog Mountain in the Kingdom too!

:O)

BTW, if you come to VT after we move away I will cry.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Curious said...

If Lottie comes to Vermont before you come, she can come hiking with us when we are in/near the Kingdom. Ella would love to have another energetic pooch to chase around the trail. I can tell that you love this little pooch a lot, but so much is timing. Maybe this is all pointing to you moving back to Vermont sooner than you thought. No matter what, I'm sure you will make the right decision.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home